Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Run 2/23

Bad run today. And it was only about 3.5 miles...that should be easy! I ran outside and got cramps in my feet, my face was so frozen I could hardly stand it (at first anyway - that got much better), and I kept getting terrible side stitches. And I have learned that my Nike+ is not really very accurate. After running with it on a treadmill and the Mud Creek trail (where distances are marked), I know that it is nearly half a mile off. I did not calibrate it before using it so I guess I'll do that and see what happens. Otherwise I'll just start adding half a mile to it each time I run. That sucks too, because it was making me feel so good about my runs! However, I'm just as slow as I thought I was...ha! I really don't care that much about time though so I need to stop getting so hung up on it.

I will say that after today I'm worried I'll never make it to 6+ miles...I know I can, but it seems so impossible after today's run!

And this has sort of become my place to vent about my training...so bear with me, those 3 of you who read this ;)

No comments: